Untitled Text Work Exhibited at the 51st Venice Biennale

My text work: Untitled, was exhibited in the Isola Virtuale, which was part of the Isola della Poesia exhibit, at the 51st Venice Biennale.

UNTITLED

When the world has been reduced to a dark wood I will find you a taste of ashes floats on the air. The musk is in the deer, the fire in the wood. What new constellations of torment rise for me now? Like weak prey torn open I have bared my innermost hidden pulse to my killer. And if I become the ancient traveler I shall go down the path the air milky and spiced with trade winds with rose leaves in closed jars. Here it has the sublime confusion of a dream we cannot remember. The great fire which illuminates us and sings in our flesh leaves us a husk of helpless shadows. Again these same thoughts that fall and fly. Whistlings of death and unheard music. I have been humiliated by the destructive powers of my own love. I have confessed an appetite that is unspeakable. At the time of telling blood flows from each eyelash pieces of the heart that come through the eyes.